Mya and Me

I am just an all-American girl living in New Zealand with my all-Kiwi husband. We are enjoying life with our "Mya"

Sunday, June 8, 2008

FAITH!

I have just started a Bible study called "Believing God" by Beth Moore. I have been wanting to do one of her studies for such a long time. My Mom has done almost all of them and I think they have changed her life. In fact, everyone I speaks to that has done her studies have had life changing experiences through her voice. She has such a strong and amazing desire to help people understand the Truth - it is addictive! I believe the Lord has really put a strong fire in her heart and a depth that I only could dream of! This is one of the first times I feel led to be "in the Word" - I know that sounds horrible since I have been a Christian since I was six!! but, honestly, I never really understood lots of things I read in the Bible - I just knew some verses and liked them, ya know? Beth Moore really helps me want to read the Bible - it's amazing! I know that is not some new discovery to most people, but it is for me!

This study is all about FAITH! Wow. I have learned only in the past two weeks...how LITTLE faith I have. However, with that little faith, fortunately for me, the Lord has allowed us to be able to grow in faith. It is not a noun. It is a verb - our faith is constantly changing everyday.

In our group we just watched the second video (it is a video based study) and I think we were all challenged! After the video was over, we just kind of sat there in silence thinking about it! I think those moments are amazing - when you realize - I could have that kind of faith?? At the end of the video she said she always tells the Lord, "Show me Your Glory, do everything but kill me, just show me Your Glory. But, Lord, if you have to kill me for me to see Your glory, what a way to die!" WOW. It is not everyday I say that. But, I want a faith like that. I want to taste that faith. We talked about this line she said after the video - and we thought about our friend Tony McClean, who recently died in a canyoning flood. He was a teacher, and he had taken some students to an Outdoor Education Center. There was a flash flood - in what is usually a small stream - and 6 students and Tony were all killed. Tony was found with a 16 year-old suffering from a cerebral palsy, strapped to his back. We keep thinking of Tony in this study, it is hard not to, because we all knew of the work for the Lord he had done in his short life. We immediately thought - how do we not know Tony had prayed this to the Lord? And already, so many people in New Zealand and at our church have seen the Lord's Glory shown through this. (you can see one of the articles in the nz Herald by clicking on this link - http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10505045 ) It is an amazing story and testiment for all of the kids and families involved.

The Lord is alive and at work. Which is amazing to know. and see. and believe.

I am sure some of you would like to know what My-My has been up to as well!

Here are all of the things she enjoys at the moment:

1. Picking her nose (she loves it. she thinks it's hilarious) how do i stop it? hmm
2. Pointing at EVERYTHING! (her nose, her hair, and her belly button)
3. Clapping.
4. Dancing and moving her hips. (especially while Mac "plays" his guitar at church during worship)
5. Looking at her belly button! (this is probably her next best thing to picking her nose!)
6. Sitting on the front step outside the front door. (oh and climbing up and down the step-holding onto me of course)
7. Sucking her blankie and putting Tatiana "Baby" to bed.
8. Turning on the glo-worm (neeeed to put new batteries in it!)
9. EATING EATING EATING everything/anything. She loves to eat.
10. Watching Jo-Jo's circus. and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!
11. Going on walks to the park.
12. Kitty Cats.
13. BIRDS (we point at them of course)
14. Going in and out the front door a hundred times to practice stepping over the threshold.
15. Feeding herself. oh dear.
16. OH - and of course she loves listening to "We are the Dinosaurs!"
17. Looking through evvvvery Baby Einstein book!!!!!

I think that is enough for now!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger joy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 8, 2008 at 6:01 PM  
Blogger joy said...

yea for beth moore....and for mya! i knew she was going to like those books because when i was there, she was interested in them.

June 8, 2008 at 6:03 PM  
Blogger The Wozny Family said...

As usual rachel i think we're in the same place. I joined a girls bible study and am almost done with a book called "The Shack" by William Young (i recommended it to your mom, make sure you read the forward, :) ). I've learned so much in the past few weeks that i almost feel ashamed to say that i didn't know. Or is it that i was just reintroduced to those ideas in a more adult way? Who knows... i love this season and i hope i (and you) continue to have that desire b/c i love it! Also, i love that Mya's baby's name is Tatiana. Not suzy, emily, mary, hannah... or something circa 1890s.... no, no... it's TATIANA... i love it.

June 8, 2008 at 6:52 PM  
Blogger Mya's Mommy said...

If you read the Bronze Horseman, you would love that name a hundred thousand times more as well!

June 8, 2008 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Mya's Mommy said...

oh and my mom has told me about that book...I can't wait to read it!

June 8, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home