Mya and Me

I am just an all-American girl living in New Zealand with my all-Kiwi husband. We are enjoying life with our "Mya"

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

That's a Miracle!

I definitely believe in miracles. They may not be the same as the miracles in the days of Jesus, but miracles are still happening today. We often just say, "oh, that's a coincidence." But, the past month or so I have started a Beth Moore bible study "Believing God" and I have found myself waiting for miracles! I love it. This afternoon, I got one! I'm serious. There is no other explanation. I had just been out for coffee with my mother in law and sister in law, and I was putting Mya in the car. She does the arched back thing, where there is NO way she will get in that car seat! I have the keys to the car in my mouth, and she is reaching for them..so I think "sure, Ill give them to her if she will stop this screaming!" She's happy! yay. I just think to myself...I better open a door while Im getting this stroller in the car, etc. So I open the drivers door and put everything away..shut the trunk..LOCK. and I think to myself.."good on you, Rachel, for opening that front door! You are so smart!" I walk to the door..it's a little open..I pull on the handle..NOT BUDGING..it was closed! Well, it was more that halfway closed..so I pull a little harder. NOTHING. it is locked. there is no way Im getting in the car. I am starting to get a little bit panicky. OH my goodness..oh my goodness..I look through the window at Mya..she is showing me the KEYS...and the button she pushed and laughing and smiling at me..thinking I am so funny! and I think, Oh, maybe she'll press the button again! I look through the window again..she threw the keys and decided they weren't that fun anymore and started playing with something else~ ahhhhhh. I run after a car and ask a very nice lady if I can use her cell phone. Luckily, she said no problem. But, Eddy's number is the only number I know off by heart, and he is NOT answering! I tried a couple of times..no luck. I asked her if she could text him for me..I jiggle the door some more. nothing. Meanwhile..she is slow at texting..so I just just leaned up against the driver's door..and I thought "Oh, I don't want to shut even more" so I kind of got off of it..and I heard a click..and the door just SWUNG open..the lock waas still down! Me and the lady that was helping me just looked at eachother..like...what in the world!!!!! THAT IS MY MIRACLE..the things you can't really explain..they just happen...those are the miracles that God gives us in our lives. I love Him for it~!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Wozny Family said...

even though i just heard this story i still laughed out loud picturing Mya laughing at you. Praise Jesus for sweet moments of miracles though! :)

July 1, 2008 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger joy said...

praise God for miracles! they do happen.

July 2, 2008 at 7:17 AM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Wow- God is so good, and He still reveals His infinite ability all around us. We just have to be willing to see them for what they are. His grace!

I'm thankful you had Mya's laughter in what could have been a very panicky moment. =)

July 2, 2008 at 9:37 AM  
Blogger joy said...

i just thought of those verses on my blog--there were angels circling around you! maybe mya's guardian angel opened the door!!

July 2, 2008 at 7:14 PM  
Blogger Meg McLawhon said...

Okay, so Abby told me that they way you tell this story is HILARIOUS, so even though I just read it, I totally want to hear it live!!!

I am glad you got into the car... that is VERY strange that the door would just pop open. However, I do love that Mya was taunting and laughing with the keys....

And is "good ON you" Kiwi for "good FOR you"? Just curious!!! LOve you!!!

July 2, 2008 at 8:00 PM  
Blogger joy said...

another miracle would be a new post on here!

July 18, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home