Mya and Me

I am just an all-American girl living in New Zealand with my all-Kiwi husband. We are enjoying life with our "Mya"

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mommy Survey...

Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Just copy and paste it in a new note for yourself!

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Nope (eeeeeek!) - I'm not much of a planner
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, we had been married for 6 months
3. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION? Excitement and nervousness!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No way, no how!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? I was 22
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive...even though we kept doubting it.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Well, Eddy was with me to look at the test - then I called my Mom, and she said "Oh, Rachel" haha...like, you have no idea what you've done! I understand now.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? fo sho
9. DUE DATE? April 21, 2007
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Never - except one time I was gagging while brushing my teeth, but I realized I do that still!!! haha.
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? B-L-A-T's mmm on Vogel's bread - and mexican food-which I didn't have may options of :( I was really into sliced banana and peanut butter toast, but I came to become disgusted of it!
12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I'm not sure...oh I know, when I had to ride the train every morning for work and NOT A SINGLE PERSON gave me their seat and I was 8 months pregnant holding on to the railing above!!!!!!!!! still bugs me to this day. I looked those people straight in the eye with disgust, and I got nothing!
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? sweet baby girl
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Not really, but I always thought I would have a boy first so he could be the big brother...but, now I wouldn't change it for anything! Now, I have a bossy oldest daughter!!!! She will be the best big sister, though. The next baby will always have it's shoes and socks on, with a ba-ba and a blankie!
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? eek..let's think...I might have to do this in kgs...too hard...it was the average amount..
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? I had one that my friends threw me in the States :) It was awesome - a surprise!!! I had NO idea. And I actually went into labor and had Mya the day of my baby shower for New Zealand.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about the NZ one.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Mya was posterior, but she moved (thank goodness)
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Auckland Hospital
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 8 hours
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Eddy - and my mom was in the backseat. I remember them laughing at one point (just chatting normally), I am still not happy about that...
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Eddy and my mom. Eddy stood by my side.
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Heck yes.
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 6 lbs 9
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? April 14, 2007
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Mya Joy Roper
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 22 months. my big girl :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home