Mya and Me

I am just an all-American girl living in New Zealand with my all-Kiwi husband. We are enjoying life with our "Mya"

Monday, February 23, 2009

Mya is ALMOST two!!!!

Here are some Mya updates:

1. The other night we were all eating dinner and Mya threw some food on the ground and Eddy told her off. Five seconds later she looked at us and said "Saaawrry..." It was the sweetest thing :)

2. She is definitely at the stage that she emulates everything I do! (she has probably been in this phase for awhile) If she ever sees that I am putting on my shoes, she runs to get her shoes. Every morning when I am putting on my lotion, she says "on meee" - I have to put it on the exact spot that I just put it on me. If I put my bathing suit on, she says "and meee." I have water - she wants water. I brush my teeth, she needs to brush her "teesh". I can't even go to the bathroom without her saying "and meee!!!" haha. oh dear! I love it, though. It makes me very aware that she is watching every little thing. The picture below is an example of how she wants to copy me, I can't even take a shower anymore without her wanting to take one at the same time!! There is just not room enough for both of us-so I just let her get in there by herself and I shut the door! she loves it.
3. I have started the "naughty rug". Which is just by the front door. She is actually doing it!!! I was so surprised the first time we did it...at first she got up...then I just said "Mya you must stay on your mat" and she sat back down and stayed! She just sits there, I leave for a minute...and I get back she is STILL sitting there!! what are the chances?? haha.

4. She loves going to the park and always has..but - she throws a fit if we pass a McDonald's because she says "paaaaar" haha. Here are some pictures of her at the park...


***Oh, and other than just emulating me, she wants me to emulate her!! So, if she goes down the slide..she finishes...looks at me and says "And Mommy.." haha. and she does that for each toy she sits on - regardless of the size!! I love it, because she just wants me to have as much fun as she is having!!! haha. so sweet :) I'm her best friend!
5. She got a lot of play-dough and cookie cutters for Christmas...but, her favorite things to make is "oh baby" (she says "oh" before everything! "oh baby" "oh mommy" "oh daddy"!) and a ducky.

She is growing up so fast - I can't believe she is TWO years old in April!!! My little baby is a little girl :(

2 Comments:

Blogger joy said...

Thanks for the update!! I love her!

February 25, 2009 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger Mya's Mommy said...

i was wondering when you were going to comment!

February 26, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home